|Seniority Level||Employment Type||Job Functions|
What if the devices you use every day were smart enough to understand both their environment and your intent? Imagine what’s possible when your camera can accurately perceive what it’s seeing and hearing without compromising your privacy. Imagine your wearable devices seamlessly integrating into your life, doing what you need them to do for as long as you need them to do it. Imagine if your appliances knew exactly what to do. No complicated settings, just perfect results. So simple it feels like magic.
Join the dynamic and experienced team at Perceive, which is making magic a reality, as a Director of Development Tools Product Management. Be part of the team that’s transforming sensing into perceiving!
Job Description Summary
We are looking for an experienced leader to lead product strategy and evangelize Perceive’s neural network and application development tools. The successful candidate will proactively drive requirements, specifications, and marketing initiatives as well as partner with engineering teams to deliver world-class product. The Director of Development Tools Product Management will interact with leadership across teams to facilitate creation and deployment of a complete development tool suite that exceeds customer and market requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the market and technical requirements necessary for successful development and deployment of Perceive’s suite of neural network and application development software tools
- Lead technical specifications, product requirements, and use cases for the tools components of Perceive products
- Negotiate schedules, priorities, features, and technical trade-offs with the product marketing and engineering teams
- Interact with customers and partners to understand product requirements and to support sales and customer success teams
- Create and manage marketing and sales support materials including datasheets, whitepapers, documentation, support infrastructure, etc.
- Evangelize the tool suite with customer and, in future, third-party developers
- Conceive, design, set up and run product demonstrations
- Track industry trends and developments in key areas, and reflect those in the roadmap for the products – neural network development frameworks and environments, neural network styles and associated layer/node types, software application development, and neural network processing hardware.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- 10 years experience as a product manager, product marketing manager, or architect involved in the creation, evangelism, and support of software development tools
- Technical skills sufficient to create and review detailed product specifications and review with the engineering teams
- Programming experience sufficient to represent the voice of the customer and to utilize the tools for product review and demonstrations
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks including one or more of PyTorch, TensorFlow, ONNX, or Caffe
- Experience interacting with, and guiding, cross-functional teams of algorithm developers, tools developers, developer support teams and product managers
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and product owner responsibilities
- Experience building a product or feature business case with supporting market and technical information
- Experience with ISV marketing and relations for software development tools
- Experience building marketing materials, demos, and working with sales and developer support
- Experience working in a distributed/remote environment
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of internal and external personnel including customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Willing to travel occasionally (~10%) to meetings and conferences in domestic and international locations
- Experience building neural network creation & training tools is strongly preferred
- Experience building embedded systems software development tools a plus
- Experience with development tools for media handling (imaging, audio) a plus
- Experience with development tools in both the cloud & local settings is a plus
- Preferred locations: Vancouver, B.C., or San Jose, CA
- Other locations: N/A