|Seniority Level||Employment Type||Job Functions|
What if the devices you use every day were smart enough to understand their environment and your intent? Imagine what’s possible when your camera can accurately perceive what it’s seeing and hearing without compromising your privacy. Imagine if your appliances knew exactly what to do. No complicated settings, just perfect results. So simple it feels like magic. Join the dynamic and experienced team at Perceive, which is making magic a reality, as a Director, Product Management – Hardware. Be part of the team that’s transforming sensing into perceiving!
Job Description Summary
The Director of Product Management for Hardware is responsible for leading the specification, product management and launch of the semiconductor and other hardware elements of Perceive’s products. Working with the HW engineering, product management, and executive teams, this person will ensure the successful creation of complete Perceive products that exceed customer and market requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine the market and hardware technical requirements necessary for new target markets and next generation products
- Present technical choices and business cases to senior management including the CEO and COO
- Build technical specifications, product requirements, and use cases for the hardware components of Perceive products
- Work with the product management and engineering teams to negotiate schedules, priorities, features and technical trade-offs
- Work with the other product managers to plan and coordinate execution of the whole lifecycle of design, build, launch and customer deployment for Perceive’s products
- Work with partners at sensor, SoC, and other systems component companies to ensure optimal product functionality and ease of integration for customers
- Work with the engineering and customer success teams, and external vendors/suppliers (ODMs, etc.), to develop reference, evaluation and customer product designs
- Work with customers to understand product requirements, support sales and ensure successful customer integration
- Create customer support, technical marketing and sales materials including datasheets, whitepapers, design guides, videos, etc.
- Conceive, build and run product demonstrations
- Track industry trends and developments in key areas – sensors, interfaces, neural network processors, SoCs, product system design, semiconductor processes, etc..
- Conduct detailed business and technical competitive analysis across the various types of processors with inference capabilities
- BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Electronics, Physics, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5 years experience as a product manager for sensor-connected semiconductors for mass market consumer or industrial devices
- In particular, experience with SoCs, neural processing units (NPUs), image sensors and interfaces (MIPI, PCI-E, etc.)
- 5 years experience as an engineer designing and building sensor-connected semiconductors for mass market consumer or industrial devices
- In particular, experience with SoCs, NPUs, image sensors and interfaces (MIPI, PCI-E, etc.)
- Experience in full-cycle semiconductor product specification, development, launch and deployment to customers
- Ability to create and review detailed product specifications and schematics for semiconductor and board-level products
- Experience with smart home, IoT, security, mobile, PC, wearable or enterprise products
- Experience building a business case with supporting market + technical information
- Experience creating customer facing documentation, technical marketing materials and demos as well as supporting sales and customer deployment
- Experience working with external vendors, integrators, and contractors
- Experience interacting with and guiding cross-functional teams
- Experience working in a distributed/remote environment
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of internal and external personnel including customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Willing to travel occasionally (~10%) to meetings and conferences in domestic and international locations
- Experience with interfaces and sensors beyond video (audio, gyros, accelerometers, temperature sensors) is a plus
- Experience with, or technical understanding of, neural networks and machine learning a plus
- Experience in a startup environment a plus
- This position involves working mainly in a typical desk/office environment, but it can also involve working in a lab setting
- Occasional travel to other Perceive offices may be required
- Preferred location: San Jose, CA or Boise, ID
- Other locations: Calabasas, CA or Vancouver BC
- Fully remote available for exceptional candidates (prefer western US or Canada)