|Seniority Level||Employment Type||Job Functions|
What if the devices you use every day were smart enough to understand their environment and your intent? Imagine what’s possible when your camera can accurately perceive what it’s seeing and hearing without compromising your privacy. Imagine if your appliances knew exactly what to do. No complicated settings, just perfect results. So simple it feels like magic. Join the dynamic and experienced team at Perceive, which is making magic a reality, as a Customer Hardware Solutions Engineer. Be part of the team that’s transforming sensing into perceiving!
Job Description Summary
Perceive is looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer to join our highly skilled team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for helping our customers build amazing new products using our silicon and software. The position requires a hands-on role in the architecture, design, and implementation of hardware systems for IOT devices. She/He will work closely with other members of Perceive’s ASIC, firmware, and application teams to drive innovation into production-ready and commercially deployable solutions. The candidate should be self-motivated and focused, comfortable collaborating with geographically dispersed teams. Demonstrated track record and passion for building great products is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver reference designs for Perceive’s custom ASIC
- Design schematics, select components, complete board layouts, assemble, test, debug, and integrate designs.
- Evaluate requirements and conduct architectural exploration through modeling, analysis, and evaluation of proposed solution tradeoffs
- Development of methodologies and solutions related to architecture and design exploration such as system modeling, prototyping
- Collaborate with software and firmware engineers to architect high-value full-product solutions
- Consult, trouble-shoot, and problem-solve as part of the Customer Success team in enabling customers to bring to market and deploy solutions built on Perceive hardware and software
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of industry experience in embedded design, hardware architecture, board design, board bring-up and prototype and new product experience.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- A proven track record of development, test, and delivery of IOT devices
- Strong embedded hardware debug skills with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other hardware test equipment
- Knowledge of the relationship between physical layout and electrical performance
- Strong communication skills; demonstrated cross functional / cross disciplinary leadership experience
- Able to perform bench-level measurements to bring-up and debug system hardware
- Embedded software debug skills with JTAG debug/trace, scripting, and coding with C/C++
- Experience with IOT devices capturing/processing/delivering audio, visual, and positional data streams
- Demonstrated experience in bringing new technologies to production
- Experience in working with external partners and manufacturers in the design, manufacture, test, and delivery of cost-effective hardware solutions
- Experience with SoC devices, sensor integration, custom ASIC/silicon
- Experience with embedded software related to hardware interfaces, communication protocols, multi-threaded programming, RTOS, Linux, or equivalent development
- This position involves working mainly in a typical desk/office environment, but it may also involve working in a lab setting
- Travel to other Perceive offices/customer sites may be required occasionally
- Preferred locations: San Jose California, Boise Idaho, Vancouver BC
- Other locations in the US/Canada may be considered depending on the candidate’s skills/experience