|Seniority Level||Employment Type||Job Functions|
What if the devices you use every day were smart enough to understand both their environment and your intent? Imagine what’s possible when your camera can accurately perceive what it’s seeing and hearing without compromising your privacy. Imagine your wearable devices seamlessly integrating into your life, doing what you need them to do for as long as you need them to do it. Imagine if your appliances knew exactly what to do. No complicated settings, just perfect results. So simple that it feels like magic.
At Perceive, we are building breakthrough ML hardware-software platforms that can enable amazing experiences at the edge; and it takes a team of brilliant, creative engineers to disrupt the status quo. Come and join us in this journey to revolutionize the ML industry and make people’s lives better.
Job Description Summary
Perceive is looking for a Senior ML Software Engineers to join our engineering team. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of neural network and machine learning and has industry experience in building training flows and shipping solutions. The position will require strong problem solving and software development skills, excellent written and spoken communication skills, and enthusiasm to solve problems in creative ways to disrupt the status quo in Machine Learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop highly scalable machine learning (ML) development flow and tools to examine performance
- Integrate popular and unique ML models into our custom hardware platform
- Design novel ML architectures to achieve performance targets and constraints
- Adapt standard ML methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- Collaborate closely with applied scientists to port state-of-the-art research
- Support partners and /or customers to achieve the best performance on our platforms
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience in ML.
- 5+ years of experience developing solutions in machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining, or artificial intelligence
- Proficiency in training high quality ML models using ML frameworks
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and Python
- Good understanding of computing systems HW/SW architectures
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Electrical Engineering or related technical field.
- Expertise in areas such as machine learning, computer vision, large-scale optimization, recommendation systems, and audio/imaging signal processing
- Experience with ML libraries/frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, Caffe, Keras, AWS, SageMaker
- Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Development experience on embedded platforms, ML accelerators, and mobile devices
- This position involves working mainly in a typical desk/office environment.
- Occasional travel to customer sites may be required
- Primary location: San Jose